Your GP Cluster
The Penderi Cluster is a group of six GP Practices that have come together in order to share services, expertise and pool resources for the local community. The six Surgeries consist of – Brynhyfryd, Cheriton, Cwmfelin, Fforestfach and Manselton. You can register as a patient, and/or access a range of community based support locally. Penderi Cluster have a vision to care for the unique health and wellbeing needs of its patients and citizens in the most effective way possible. In recognition of its particular population needs, it will also work together to create an innovative culture of enabling long term change by taking a preventative approach to tackling ill health and its contributing factors.
GP Clusters are a consortium of GP Practices situated in a close geographical area. They look at local health and wellbeing needs and issues. They explore what can be done to improve health and wellbeing in its community, within their working capacity. Clusters work collaboratively with a range of health, social care and voluntary sector professionals.
- Focus on preventing ill health, enabling people to keep themselves well and independent for as long as possible.
- Develop the range and quality of services that are provided in the community.
- Ensure services provided by a wide range of health and social care professionals in the community are better co-ordinated to local needs.
- Improve communication and information sharing between different health, social care and voluntary sector professionals.
- Facilitate closer working between community based and hospital services, ensuring that patients receive a smooth and safe transition from hospital services to community based services and vice versa.
We have a Penderi Cluster website which has a wealth of information for our patients about health and wellbeing services, local news and events.
CLICK HERE to visit the Penderi Cluster Home page.